In quarantine, sometimes I have thought back to March. I have found that it helps to make a list. Here’s mine:
- Coming to school and thinking that it was funny that my mom had made me take two Purell wipes. I thought that she had maybe gone a little too far.
- Dunking my hand into the huge bowl of snacks at assembly.
- Definitely a lot of Purell wipes and so, so much washing hands.
- Drinking from the water fountains at school.
- Bringing a water bottle the next day and feeling very happy that I had water with ice.
- First day of online learning. I remember sitting at my desk and not understanding how to click on the Zoom link.
- Last day of online learning. Clicking off on the assembly and crying a lot.
- July. Looking back on the first posts on Google Classroom.
What do you remember when you look back on the last five months? Feel free to add a memory or two of your own in the Comments box before you go. .
Anna Sedlock-Reiner is a fifth-grader, and enjoys snuggling with her cat Ham in her spare time.
The image was created by the United Nations Covid-19 Response